Nature & Wild Life Team
We are a small owner-operated travel company based in Kerala, India. We specialise in birding, wildlife and photographic travel in South India, and provide a personalised service and knowledge of India's natural ecology that only a local company can offer.
What we do
We are passionate about birding, conservation and sharing India's natural history with others by organising outstanding, affordable and responsible wildlife experiences. Our tours are thoroughly researched, meticulously planned, and continually refined using our own inputs from the field, while the fact that we are a small company contributes to the affordability of the prices we pass on to our clients.
- Birding Tours
- Mammal Tours
- Butterfly Tours
- Photography Tours
- Camping & Bamboo Rafting
CAMPING AT THATTEKKAD
Nature & Wild Life Team owns our own camping site now at Thattekkad. With 13 tents accommodating two people each and a Family tent accommodating four, we offer the cheapest stay within the premises of the sanctuary at Thattekkad.
Please note that Our camping site is not inside the forest as only forest authorities have the permission to accommodate people inside forest. Our camping site is within Dr Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary premises sharing the boundary with forest.
Check in check out timings are 12noon to 12noon.
For accomodation per head only Rs 375/- provided atleast 4 people are there to stay , where 2 people will be sharing a single tent.
Food (lunch dinner breakfast and tea included) Rs 400/- extra for each person
Guide fee will depends on the guest's requirements.
Permission charges/ tickets and transportation is NOT included in the charges.
*Accommodation is done in tents placed on the ground.*
Tents have air bed and clean linen . We have 3 clean toilets with running water all time . A security person will assist you through out. An experienced guide will attend as per the timings given.
Campfire will be set upon request
Barbeque can done if interested.
Outside food is allowed.
Get in touch
As an owner-operated company we attend personally to the planning and operating of our tours with a degree of personal involvement that is second to none. We personally handle all enquiries and are available 24 hours a day, so feel free to get in touch!
With us you will enjoy
- Personal attention
- Expert local knowledge in planning and execution of your tour, with 24hr office support
- Finely-tuned itineraries that produce consistent sightings (target species and species numbers)
- Small group sizes that provide a quality birding or wildlife experience
- Knowledgeable, experienced and friendly guides
- Informal and enjoyable on-tour atmosphere
- Affordable, fully inclusive ground prices
- Carefully selected accommodation
- Private vehicles throughout the tour and for all game drives
- Comprehensive pre-departure information and species checklists
- The flexibility to incorporate additional interests for non-birding partners
- The flexibility to join a scheduled tour or to organise a custom tour tailored to you
We look forward to welcoming you on one of our tours in the near future!